Saturday, January 16, 2016

Some High Altitude Plane Spotting Over Clermont and Emerald!

Mid-way through 2014 I posted some photos taken from my front yard of some high flying aircraft overflying Clermont while heading North to cities in Far North Queensland and in Asia - LINK HERE.


Still using the various Internet-based flight tracking software such as Flightaware, Planefinder and Flightradar24, I've recently taken a few more photos of some interesting high-altitude traffic flying overhead Clermont and this time Emerald, including a couple of aircraft that I haven't been able to see at close quarters at a major Airport!

Last Thursday 7 January I captured the unique sight of Korean Air Airbus A380-861 HL7627 as flew overhead Clermont from Sydney to Seoul (Incheon) as KAL122 cruising at 36,000 feet.




I believe that Korean Air are only flying the large double-deck Airbus A380 during the Summer months - I am yet to see it close up!

Down in Emerald on Friday 15 January I spotted China Airlines Boeing B747-409 B-18205 as it passed overhead flying South to Brisbane at 37,000 feet from Taipei as CAL53.


Later in Emerald on Friday 15 January, Singapore Airlines Airbus A380-841 9V-SKG was leaving a nice contrail while flying at 38,000 feet from Auckland (New Zealand) to Singapore as SIA286.



Finally overhead Emerald on Friday 15 January was another aircraft that I haven't seen up close in the form Thai Airways International Boeing B787-8 Dreamliner HS-TQE which was flying from Brisbane to Bangkok as THA474 at 40,000 feet.



I do quite like watching the high flyers as they pass overhead and I find that there are quite a number more in Emerald, particularly international movements!

No comments:

Post a Comment