Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Regional Express (REX) SAAB 340B VH-ZRK First Visit to Moranbah and Roma Airports

An interesting movement into CQ this week was Regional Express (REX) SAAB 340B VH-ZRK which has made its first ever visit into Queensland since it was delivered to the airline in 2009.


I must admit that when I was informed of this fact I was a little doubtful even though I had always spotted VH-ZRK at either Melbourne or Sydney (where it is pictured above).  However, research does indeed show that VH-ZRK made its first ever visit to Queensland last weekend when it positioned to Brisbane from Melbourne (Tullamarine).

On Tuesday 13 January, VH-ZRK then operated its first flight into CQ when it operated Fly-in Fly-out (FIFO) charter flights into Roma and then later, Moranbah Airports.  It operated another FIFO charter flight to Roma from Brisbane and back on Wednesday 14 January.

Now I reckon this is what plane spotting is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment