The aircraft was built in the United Kingdon (UK) in 1948 as a Dove 8 by De Havilland. It was believed to have been be operated by the Royal Air Force (RAF) as VP958.
The aircraft was believed to have first appeared in Central Queensland in the 1980s with VH-EOB photographed at Rockhampton Airport in early 1990 (as shown above). It was then moved to Mackay Airport where it was registered locally, with the owner intending to give the aircraft a complete overhaul.
In 2009, the aircraft was being offered for sale with the owner particularly anxious to place it with a museum in the UK.
Neither the sale nor the overhaul occurred, and in 2012 VH-EOB 'disappeared' from Mackay Airport. Some reports suggest that VH-EOB was moved South to Sarina where a local resident is now using the aircraft as a 'garden shed'.