Friday, July 18, 2014

A Few Plane Spotting Photos from my Local Airport - Clermont Aerodrome

While I was on holidays - I'm a teacher! - I was able to pop into my local airport - Clermont Aerodrome - and on a couple of occasions, I managed to capture a few images of some interesting and varied visitors!

On Thursday 10 July I spotted Corporate Air / Vee H Aviation Cessna 441 VH-VED parked at the airport.  I believe it arrived the previous day.


I also captured a photo of locally-owned Cessna 172 VH-JVQ.  The Skyhawk moved to Clermont in mid-2013 after being based at the Balina-Byron Gateway Airport with Aussie Air Charter and Training, of which is still wears the titles and colours.


On Saturday 12 July, a pair of light aircraft called into Clermont Aerodrome in quick succession, with Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Hawker Beechcraft B200 King Air VH-FDI - "FlyDoc 467" - calling in first from Rockhampton.


As it departed for Mackay, Sunshine Coast-based Cessna 206 VH-NVC also touched down in Clermont.



After dropping a passenger the off, the Queensland Regional Connect aircraft departed for Emerald, and later, back to the Sunshine Coast.



Finally, I captured a couple of photos of the typical scene each Tuesday and Friday morning as two Skytrans airlines Dash-8-300s come to Clermont from Brisbane on Fly-in Fly-out (FIFO) charter flights.


On Tuesday 15 July, VH-QQP and VH-QQM were photographed preparing for departure back to Brisbane after arriving the previous evening.



Also, I missed another visitor on Tuesday in the form of Nitro Aviation (Nitro Drilling) Raytheon B300 Super King Air VH-NDT which arrived from Bundaberg and the Sunshine Coast, and later departed back to the Sunshine Coast.

Anyone interested in spotting at Clermont will find no barbed-wire, just a 6-foot high fence which is easy to take photos over by using a small step-ladder or milk crate!  The small terminal building has been reportedly going to be upgraded for some time, however with the down-turn in the resource industry meaning few flights coming through Clermont, it appears that this upgrade has been indefinitely delayed.


Great to see some planes at my local!

No comments:

Post a Comment